Meet the Candidates, Westlake Ward 1: Lynda Appel
I have enjoyed representing the people of Ward 1 for nearly 4 years and I am seeking re-election. I want to continue in the role for the following reasons:
- Build on the email and social media communication I implemented. I love hearing from you and sharing what the city is working on.
- Continue fiscal responsibility and exemplary community services. I’m proud to have supported the textile recycling initiative; so far over 23 tons have been recycled, reducing landfill waste.
- Work with interested businesses to continue to expand and promote economic development. I look forward to seeing the finished product that replaces the trailer park.
- Advocate for further collaboration between the city and our schools. I attend School Board meetings to stay informed about the issues and the spending of our tax dollars.
- Be a voice and represent the needs of Ward 1 in conjunction with the city’s goals.
- Be a presence in the community at large to foster communication and responsiveness. You've seen me at city events, rec events, school events. All opportunities for you to talk to me about your concerns.
Westlake, the city we call home, does not just happen. We are successful when elected officials and city personnel work together with residents, employers and other community stakeholders to address needs, challenges and economic issues. I am the person to continue this successful relationship.
My proactive approach, consistent follow-up, attention to detail and my ability to consider all stakeholders’ needs and roles has allowed me to contribute to the effective running of our city and needs of Ward 1.
I have been married to Jeff for 25 years. We have three children: Paul, Julie, and Michelle.
I am asking for your vote on May 2.