Westlake Meals on Wheels welcomes volunteers, donations
I recently moved to Cleveland and began looking for opportunities to learn about my new community. I found an organization that not only warmly welcomed me but impressed me – Westlake Meals on Wheels (WMOW). The more I learned, the more impressed I became. Here’s what I mean:
- 43: The number of years WMOW has operated. Started in 1975!
- 80: The average number of residents currently served.
- 800: The number of freshly prepared meals each week (2 meals/day, 5 days a week, 80 clients). Yes, that is a weekly number!
- 170: The number of volunteers cooking, baking, delivering and supporting the WMOW mission
- 0: The amount of federal, state or local government funding WMOW receives
- 100%: The amount of dollars funded through community support. Thank you, Westlake and surrounding communities!
In addition to the above numbers that so accurately define the kind-serving, long-standing organization, I would add two phrases, “Independent Living” and “Peace of Mind.” These daily deliveries help to extend the independent living of so many of our neighbors along with the safety checks that help provide peace of mind to their families.
Need an organization to believe in? The WMOW may just be the answer and it’s right in our own backyard. To donate your time, talent or money, please visit us at westlakemealsonwheels.org.
Because of its success, the WMOW organization has expanded and built a new kitchen in Olmsted Falls – giving us new numbers to reach. We are hoping to move from an average of 80 clients to 120 clients.