1. Dover Lake Shore Methodist Episcopal Church
The Methodist Church was founded in Elizabeth Sadler's parlor in June 1827. As more members followed, the worship service was moved to a log cabin school near Lake and Bassett Roads. In 1840, a clapboard, one-room church was built on the corner of Lake and Bassett roads. Eighteen members contributed their skills and monies to the project on land donated by the Sadler family. For the next 90 years this church served the citizens of North Dover/Bay Village.
Continuing with events that made a difference in North Dover Township, now Bay Village.