Meet the Candidates, Westlake Ward 4: Michael O'Donnell
I am writing to let you know I am running for re-election to the Westlake City Council.
As I walk through our city, neighbors share stories of how happy they are to live in Westlake and love that we are a top ten community in northeast Ohio. I am proud of our success working with Westlake business partners developing Crocker Park, attracting corporations like American Greetings, and providing a safe quality of life for families.
As your councilman for 22 years I have worked with Mayor Clough and his administration, on major capital improvements that have successfully improved your streets, added sidewalks, removed a trailer park, rebuilt the library, expanded our recreation center, added an aquatic center, and built a new community center.
Moving forward I plan to work to:
- Address the cost of city water for residents,
- Reintroduce a co-op drainage program to address flooding
- Continue to work with businesses to keep taxes low
- Continue to support funding our police and fire safety forces
- Continue plans for recreation, parks, and athletic fields.
I’m proud of our accomplishments together addressing the needs in your neighborhoods. It’s been my honor to serve as your councilman and I respectfully ask for your vote this November to Continue Our Success!