Bay Village Board of Education narrows superintendent search to 6 semifinalists
Six semifinalists have been chosen to interview for the Superintendent position in the Bay Village City School District.
The following candidates were selected from a pool of 29 applicants to be interviewed by the Bay Village Board of Education during executive session on March 14 and 15, 2022.
• Scot Prebles, Superintendent, Forest Hills Local School District, Cincinnati, OH
• Ben Richards, Superintendent, Valley View Local School District, Germantown, OH
• Char Shryock, Interim Superintendent, Bay Village City School District, Bay Village, OH
• Jeffrey Stanton, Human Resources Director, North Olmsted City School District, North Olmsted, OH
• Mark Stefanik, Superintendent, Tipp City Exempted Village Schools, Tipp City, OH
• William (Matt) Young, Assistant Superintendent, Cuyahoga Heights Local School District, Cuyahoga Hts., OH
Bay Village Board of Education President Paul Vincent said he was pleased with the number of candidates who applied, and the caliber of those applicants.
“We are on track with our process, and we will work to ensure we find the right person for Bay Village Schools,” said Vincent.
On June 14, 2021, the Bay Village Board of Education accepted the resignation of then Superintendent Jodie Hausmann, effective July 31, 2021. During its July 14, 2021, Special Board Meeting, the Bay Village Board of Education voted to appoint the district’s Director of Teaching and Learning, Char Shryock, as Bay Village Schools’ Interim Superintendent. Her expanded role began Aug. 1, 2021.