St. Raphael rocks the challenge!
On Sept. 13, St. Raphael School truly "rocked the challenge"! Rock the Challenge (RTC) is a day where the students run a faith-filled obstacle course and celebrate their beliefs through service and prayer.
Every moment of the day truly exemplified the 2017 school theme: "Be Kind. Be Giving. Be Holy."
The kids started the day learning that “It starts with Me and It starts with Prayer.” From there, kindness and generosity extends to our family, friends, school, community and even across the globe!
This year, with the help of sponsorship money we:
- Made 722 St. Therese of Lisieux sacrifice beads. Kids were challenged to do 10 good deeds every day.
- Had over 700 kids and faculty including Father Eric Garris and Army Captain James Maskovyak run the RTC obstacle course.
- Created a rock garden for our school courtyard.
- Decorated our 2017 Giving Tree with over 725 student and faculty handprints and prayer petitions for the year.
- Filled and decorated over 450 gratitude bags for our local police officers and fire fighters.
- Filled and decorated over 200 gratitude bags for our military.
- Gave $1,500 to Father Michael Stalla’s school in El Salvador for shoes for incoming 1st-3rd graders.
Thank you to Father Tim Gareau, Father Eric Garris and Mrs. Ann Miller who gave us the whole day off to celebrate the beginning of the year. Special thank you to Father Michael Stalla for spending the whole day with us and sharing his stories.
Thank you to our truly amazing RTC committee, our Home and School board, and finally to our volunteers and our sponsors. Without the help of our sponsors this day would not have been such a success.
Saint Raphael Home and School Association